The initial outlay and ongoing running costs involved with owning construction equipment can very quickly stack up. At the end of the day, it’s essential to keep these costs as low as possible to effectively get the job done. Luckily, Kubota’s construction equipment range has been intelligently designed to make sure you can keep your lifetime costs as low as possible. Check out this short guide on a few simple ways to keep your Kubota’s lifetime cost as low as possible.
- Training: using operator training simulators can actually increase efficiency and reduce accidents by almost 40%. The most amount of efficiency that can be gained starts with how well the operator is trained to use the equipment.
- Fuel Efficiency: for most owners, fuel consumption is the single largest cost of operating an excavator. Instead of keeping a vehicle idling, turn it off; idling vehicles can waste up to 1 gallon of fuel an hour.
- Uptime: auto-idle systems can help cut fuel consumption and add up to $20,000 to machine resale value.
- Machine Maintenance: proper upkeep can reduce fuel consumption by half.
- Telematics: Kubota’s On-Board Weighing system can deliver a 40% improvement in fuel efficiency.